Creating a server This guide is meant to be a step-by-step tutorial on creating a Minecraft Forge server with the mod Pixelmon installed; if you want a more in-depth guide on what does what in the Minecraft server, and/or want a guide where you just make a vanilla server to start easy with Minecraft servers, please visit this.
- Download the server software for Minecraft: You can download the server software here under the Multiplayer Server section. The pictures in this tutorial will be using 1.6.2.
- Move the server: In this step we want to isolate the server.exe (In this case it is minecraft_server.1.6.2.exe; let's just call it server.exe from now on).
- First time boot! Now, open the server.exe and you'll see it pop up with a console stating what it is doing!
- Installing Forge: Installing Forge using the Forge installer with the server makes it as simple as pressing a few buttons! You can download the latest RECOMMENDED (for best results) installer here. After downloading, open the installer (With JAVA), go to the server directory and make sure you chose install server, then it's clear to press okay!
- Installing Pixelmon: So far, so good! Now, here comes an easier step: installing Pixelmon. If you don't have the universal zip already download it here. Assuming (like I have this whole time) you have WinRAR, 7Zip or similar programs, just drag and drop the mods and database folder into the server folder.
- Running the server properly: Now running the server my way! There are other boring ways but I like mine the best (If you want to use another way, look another way up! Or else you're now in my lair! MWHAHAHA!)! Make a new text document, name it somthing like run.txt or relevant to starting the server. In this text document put in the following: java -Xms512M -Xmx1024M -jar mcforge.jar. This server will be using one gigabyte of ram, if you want two gigabytes it would be java -Xms512M -Xmx2048M -jar mcforge.jar and so on and so forth; in order for this to work you would have to rename the minecraftforge-universal-(version)(revision)blah.jar with mcforge.jar. See how more simple that name is, wow! Now save as and put run.bat or start.bat (whatever you called the (namehere).txt) The difference now is that were making it a bat or batch file for cmd, ya know that really old thing made in the 80's as its own OS and then was made as a side program in Windows. My, my, how operating systems have evolved. Anyways, off topic. So if the (name here).bat opens as a txt you did it wrong and it's most likely really called (name here).bat.txt. You have to remove the txt; look up "Show file extentions on (Operating system here)" and remove the .txt part you see at the end after that! Or you just flat out dun goofed.
- Testing and opping! Okay, now you finally got that pesky server for the most part done; now, time to test it, Since you're hosting it, all you have to do is add the server with the ip "localhost" or do direct connect "localhost". If you see that choose your starter screen you see when making a new world, you installed it correctly! Now, to op yourself you have to go into that console thingy I told ya about at the start and type, without the quotes, "op (your name)" and you're good!
- Port forwarding and IP stufferoo: I'm sorry to say that this is the hardest step for many first timers; I can't state something for all routers and modems but I can redirect you to a place where you can: portforward.com. There you can look up your router and find out what to do to port forward, or you can always have some fun with Indian tech support lines for your internet provider and ask them. The default Minecraft port is 25565 but if you want to have +10 to your coolness you do 25575 like a boss. Now the main chunk of the IP itself is simple; you can go to ipchicken.com or whatsmyip.com to see your external IP. Assuming you port forwarded and are using the default port which is easiest it would be like (external IP): 25565 or 38.219.555.55:25565 for example.
Hey, now that you have a brand spanking new server why dont you get players by advertising it here or on server lists like Pixelmon Server List , Planet Minecraft or Minecraft Server List and never forget MC Server List. It's just a part of being a good server (may not be needed for a good server, just recommended).
Welcome to HCPixelmon! This server tries to be a lot like Pokémon! I promise you will make good memories on this server! It's really amazing!
Recently, there have been some problems with people joining, but if you follow this, everything will work:
- Re-download Pixelmon.
- Replace your database with the downloaded one.
- Go into your config folder.
- Open your pixelmon.cfg file with a Text Editor.
- Press ctrl+f and search for "database".
- You should now see this line: B:"Check for database updates"=true.
- Change the true to false.
- Load Minecraft.
MiBHey people, if you want a Pixelmon server then join MIB.
The server has gyms and nice people and is always up.
And we also have a site: http://meninblocks.enjin.com/
Hey people, if you want a Pixelmon server then join Pixelmasters!
The server has gyms, drop parties, high spawn rates, and everything you could ask for!!!! Stop by at 18.104.22.168!!!
Zenergygamingif your looking for a well run, easygoing, and fun pixelmon server come join us at zenergy gaming!
Gyms are done and can be challenged
After you have beaten the Elite 4 fight it out with other players to see who will be the champion of the server!
our site: http://zenergygaming.enjin.com/
Server IP: 22.214.171.124:25606
Pixelmon Server Hub
Tired of just having access to one server, only having to log out and go to another server when it goes down for maintence or crashes? Tired of having a long list of servers you play on & want it all in one location?
Join The Pixelmon Server Hub! 126.96.36.199:25563
Have access to some of the top Pixelmon servers!
Adventure / Survival Servers are available!
Want to be a part of The Pixelmon Server Hub? Leave a post on the following: http://www.pixelmonmod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=6768
Hope to see you folks there! :D
Come join us over at Pokeverse if your looking for a nice survival server to play on
We have gyms Built but need applicants for gym leaders
our site: http://pokeverseinc.enjin.com/
Server ip: 188.8.131.52:25809