Creating a server This guide is meant to be a step-by-step tutorial on creating a Minecraft Forge server with the mod Pixelmon installed; if you want a more in-depth guide on what does what in the Minecraft server, and/or want a guide where you just make a vanilla server to start easy with Minecraft servers, please visit this.
- Download the server software for Minecraft: You can download the server software here under the Multiplayer Server section. The pictures in this tutorial will be using 1.6.2.
- Move the server: In this step we want to isolate the server.exe (In this case it is minecraft_server.1.6.2.exe; let's just call it server.exe from now on).
- First time boot! Now, open the server.exe and you'll see it pop up with a console stating what it is doing!
- Installing Forge: Installing Forge using the Forge installer with the server makes it as simple as pressing a few buttons! You can download the latest RECOMMENDED (for best results) installer here. After downloading, open the installer (With JAVA), go to the server directory and make sure you chose install server, then it's clear to press okay!
- Installing Pixelmon: So far, so good! Now, here comes an easier step: installing Pixelmon. If you don't have the universal zip already download it here. Assuming (like I have this whole time) you have WinRAR, 7Zip or similar programs, just drag and drop the mods and database folder into the server folder.
- Running the server properly: Now running the server my way! There are other boring ways but I like mine the best (If you want to use another way, look another way up! Or else you're now in my lair! MWHAHAHA!)! Make a new text document, name it somthing like run.txt or relevant to starting the server. In this text document put in the following: java -Xms512M -Xmx1024M -jar mcforge.jar. This server will be using one gigabyte of ram, if you want two gigabytes it would be java -Xms512M -Xmx2048M -jar mcforge.jar and so on and so forth; in order for this to work you would have to rename the minecraftforge-universal-(version)(revision)blah.jar with mcforge.jar. See how more simple that name is, wow! Now save as and put run.bat or start.bat (whatever you called the (namehere).txt) The difference now is that were making it a bat or batch file for cmd, ya know that really old thing made in the 80's as its own OS and then was made as a side program in Windows. My, my, how operating systems have evolved. Anyways, off topic. So if the (name here).bat opens as a txt you did it wrong and it's most likely really called (name here).bat.txt. You have to remove the txt; look up "Show file extentions on (Operating system here)" and remove the .txt part you see at the end after that! Or you just flat out dun goofed.
- Testing and opping! Okay, now you finally got that pesky server for the most part done; now, time to test it, Since you're hosting it, all you have to do is add the server with the ip "localhost" or do direct connect "localhost". If you see that choose your starter screen you see when making a new world, you installed it correctly! Now, to op yourself you have to go into that console thingy I told ya about at the start and type, without the quotes, "op (your name)" and you're good!
- Port forwarding and IP stufferoo: I'm sorry to say that this is the hardest step for many first timers; I can't state something for all routers and modems but I can redirect you to a place where you can: portforward.com. There you can look up your router and find out what to do to port forward, or you can always have some fun with Indian tech support lines for your internet provider and ask them. The default Minecraft port is 25565 but if you want to have +10 to your coolness you do 25575 like a boss. Now the main chunk of the IP itself is simple; you can go to ipchicken.com or whatsmyip.com to see your external IP. Assuming you port forwarded and are using the default port which is easiest it would be like (external IP): 25565 or 38.219.555.55:25565 for example.
Alternatively you can install PIxelmonCraft through ATLauncher, a Minecraft modding client much like FTB. The install takes 10 minutes and once Optifine is installed it runs smoothly. ATLauncher is used by MindCrack and a tutorial can be found here.
Hey, now that you have a brand spanking new server why dont you get players by advertising it here or on server lists like PixelmonList Pixelmon Servers , MinePick Pixelmon , Pixelmon Server List , Planet Minecraft or Minecraft Server List and never forget MC Server List. It's just a part of being a good server (may not be needed for a good server, just recommended).
PixelmonCraft Pixelmon Server
Are you a fan of Minecraft? Are you a fan of Pokemon? Then you are in the right place! Pixelmoncraft combines the two on our player friendly Pixelmon Server.
PixemonCraft takes the popular Pokémon-themed Pixelmon mod and makes it multiplayer. Split over multiple servers based on the Pokémon regions from the super-popular Nintendo games, PixelmonCraft not only recreates the areas and towns of those games, but also replicates as much of the gameplay as possible. Animals in Minecraft are not only replaced with Pokémon, but they can be caught and battled with. There are gym leaders to fight, Pokémarts to shop in, and long-grass to avoid.
The blocky nature of Minecraft cutely replicates the feel of the Pokémon games, and makes this genuinely feel like an accurate depiction of a Pokémon MMO. There’s an authentic feel of love on the server, with a friendliness and warmth that only forcing cute animals to maul each other to near-death can provide.
TheIslandProductions Pixelmon Server
Welcome To The Island Productions Pixelmon Server
Our Server has 12 NPC Gyms and 4 players as elite 4 and if you beat them and get the 4 e4 items then you can challenge the current champion to win the title!!. Custom Trainers. Some that give out items and some thats give out pokemon. shiny and not. if you get to the end of the region you can beat a trainer to win a random legendary and another trainer to win a random shiny!
Theres ALWAYS a new random Pokemon of the day at spawn!
Its a custom region with A STORY! if anyone has played on our server before we still have the same pokemon files so you will still have your pokemon. We will also host level 50 and level 100 tournaments check us out!
Ip: theislandpixelmon.mcph.co or 184.108.40.206:34667
Server Website: http://theislandproductions.enjin.com
TeamXEO is a a awesome minecraft pixelmon server with a great community on this server. This server even lets you build your own house! The server has good staff and great owners. I'm sorry but the server has a small issue, when you first join you crash but other then that the server is great.The server now as an in game shop at spawn. This awesome server also allows riding pokemon. Now here are some comments from staff and a few players:
FlameFame (Mod): The thing I love about TeamXEO is the fact you can build and the great community on the server almost everyone gets along except a few people and it just has active staff and helpful people.
VampireEyess (NewMod): The server has active staff and a great atposphere.
MrMikeMan (Owner): Green Tea :) and how strong the community is.
Mr_Brix (NewMod): Love the server, it has an amazing community and I have met extrodianary people playing!
The servers website is http://www.teamxeo.enjin.com/
And this awesome server's IP address: 220.127.116.11
I swear youll have a great time on TeamXEO the best server I know of